Saturday, February 8, 2014

Quick and Easy Spicy Garlic Noodles



A few weeks ago I went in search of a spicy garlic noodle recipe like the one at P.F. Changs. What better way to find a recipe than to search pinterest? I found this recipe and I had everything on hand. Perfect! I couldn't wait to try it. When it was finished it was good, but it wasn't really the flavor I was looking for. So I decided to make some adjustments to it and I'm so happy with how it turned out. I might even like it better than the restaurants version!

This recipe is super quick and easy to make. We've had it several times since that first day.



Spicy Garlic Noodles
Recipe adapted from Budget Bytes

1 package of angel hair pasta
4 cloves of garlic, minced (I just use the pre-minced garlic you get in a jar 1 teaspoon is about a clove)
1/2 bunch of green onions, chopped
4 Tbsp unsalted butter
2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp sesame oil (I don't always put this)
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp chili garlic paste (more to taste)

Cook noodles according to package directions.

While the noodles cook, melt butter in a large pan. Once butter is melted and bubbling add chopped green onions and garlic to the pan. Saute on medium/low heat until soft but NOT browned. Remove from heat.

Add the rest of the ingredients to the butter and stir to combine. Drain the pasta in a colander and add the pasta to the pan and toss to coat the noodles.

Enjoy!




No comments: